Waringstown Primary School
- Category: Latest News
- Published: Monday, 18 May 2020 16:40
Here are a few suggestions for Nursery home learning linked to our May Minibeasts Topic…
· Go for a minibeast hunt in your garden – can you name the minibeasts you find? Talk about colour, shape, number of legs etc
· Use the internet to look at pictures of common minibeasts and have a go drawing or painting your favourite minibeast!
· Use old junk art material eg. Yoghurt pots to make a 3D minibeast
· Use lego or other construction material to make a minibeast
· Use play dough (or make dough) and manipulate the dough to make minibeasts – adding the correct parts – eyes, feelers, legs etc
· Make spider biscuits using plain round biscuits, icing sugar and laces to cut into 8 legs
· Physical movement and role play – can you pretend to be a minibeast? Crawling on ground, hopping two feet together,
slithering along ground. Play guess who I am?
· Sing rhymes and songs from the May rhyme sheet about minibeasts
· Watch Minibeast Adventures with Jess (youtube)